- Four-Stage Charging System – Microprocessor constantly monitors battery voltage and automatically selects one of the four charging modes: BOOST, NORMAL, STORAGE or EQUALIZE.
- 3 Diode Isolated Outputs – Allows the Converter/Charger to charge three separate banks of batteries. Each output is capable of handling the full rated current of the charger.
- Reverse Battery Protection – Prevents Converter/Charger from being damaged if the batteries are accidentally connected to the charger in reverse.
- Over and Under Voltage Protection – Prevents high voltage spikes and brownouts from damaging the Converter/Charger.
- Electronic Current Limiting – Limits the output current to the maximum rating of the charger to prevent over heating and damage caused by shorts or
- Variable Speed Intelligent Cooling Fan – Only runs as fast as required to maintain a more constant operating temperature inside the Converter/Charger. This feature reduces thermal stress caused by fans that cycle on and off.
- Programmable in the Field – PD2100 Series Inteli-Power Converter/Chargers are programmable in the field to provide optimum charging profiles for
lead-acid, gel-cell or AGM batteries. See illustration on next page.
- Automatic thermal protection – reduces converter output to safe levels when unit temperature exceeds pre-set limits and protects converter from damage due to excessive heat.
- Series or Parallel Connection – Inteli-Power Converter/Chargers can be connected in series to provide a combination 12/24 Volt system or in parallel to provide more current.
Microprocessor-controlled four stage charging system provides rapid recharge and long battery life.
The Inteli-Power Four-Stage Charging System – Provides optimum charging voltage at all times during the recharge cycle. Battery voltage is constantly monitored by the microprocessor, which automatically selects one of four operating modes:
BOOST MODE – Selected whenever the battery voltage is very low. Boost Mode provides a higher charging voltage to rapidly bring the battery up to 90% of full charge. The digital display will read BOOST when the charger is in this mode.
NORMAL MODE – Automatically selected once the battery reaches the 90% charged level. This lower voltage safely completes the charge and remains in this mode as long as the 12 Volt systems in the boat are being operated. The digital display will read NORMAL in this mode.
STORAGE MODE – Activated automatically when the 12 Volt systems are turned off and the battery has been fully charged for a period of 30 hours. The digital display will read STORAGE when in this mode.
* Exclusive! Equalize Mode – Helps prevents battery stratification and power-robbing sulfation. When in the Storage Mode, the microprocessor automatically equalizes the battery by increasing the voltage from 13.2 Volts to 14.4 Volts for approximately 15 minutes every 21 hours. This remixes the electrolyte mixture of water and sulfuric acid. Battery manufacturers recommend that
* NOTE: Gel-Cell and AGM batteries do not require an Equalize Mode.
|Series Name||Models covered||Owners / Installation Manual||Troubleshooting Guide||Parts or accessories|
Operation and Guide to Display
|Marine Troubleshooting Guide||N/A|
|Model / Part Number||Features||Replaces|
|80 Amp Marine Converter Charger||PD2080
|60 Amp Marine Converter Charger||PD2060
|40 Amp Marine Converter Charger||PD2040